Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gratuitous iphone Photos to Explain my Absence

Christopher and I have been on the road driving to Kennebunkport, Maine, where my family has a house by the ocean (we've had it my whole life and I still can't believe my luck). I'll be more or less back to regular posting tomorrow, but here are some gratuitous photos of the last few days for the meantime.
maine!
(Christopher took me mini-golfing in Connecticut where he used to go as a kid--my dress is five bamboo; the sandals are volcom; the hat from walmart)

We got in to Maine yesterday afternoon and sat on the porch enjoying the afternoon sun at high tide.
maine!

Last night, we played cards by the fire--I crushed Christopher in gin rummy :)
maine!

I mostly brought striped tees, cut-offs, and swimsuits so I'll be posting light for the next few weeks, since I'm focused more on reading books and hanging out with family while wearing silly cut-off shorts.
maine!
Hope that is okay--see you tomorrow with an outfit post!

19 comments:

Mel said...

Nothing beats getting away. Especially if you get to hang out with the fam and read tons of books. :)
Hope you have a blast!

Bibliophiliac said...

Love your choices for a vacation wardrobe. :) Very chill.
I love the bike tee...do you mind sharing where it's from?

Emily's Going Nuts said...

Aw, you're kind of up in my neck of the woods. Welcome back to New England!

Miss Winkelmann said...

Kennebunkport is absolutely lovely. One of New England's highlights. I am looking forward to your outfit posts in a holiday setting.

SoFashionistica said...

You guys must be having fun! looks like a very nice vacation.Oh and to have a house by the water is awesome! You are so very lucky! Keep us posted on your outfits!

Desiree said...

I have an uncle that lives in Kennebunkport! It is absolutely SO beautiful there. Have fun on your vacation!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

yes it is so beautiful! i am in heaven and i sound like a broken record of "isn't this amazing?"
bibliophiliac--thanks, i love the tee too! it's from urban outfitters from last summer.

Jessica said...

Yay! I grew up in Maine, and my hubby and I spent our honeymoon there. Beautiful state--I hope we get to go back someday. Enjoy your vacation!

Katie W... said...

I'm jealous! My mom grew up in Kennebunkport and we used to go every summer... I love it there. Enjoy your vacation!

Make sure to hit up The Landing Store for delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

miss vintage vixen. said...

That Moby Dick shirt! Is it from out of print clothing?! I LOVE IT!

April said...

So jealous! Sounds like a perfect vacation.

Kelly said...

Awww ... sounds like your having a lovely time. I am so jealous of your weather at the mo. I am currently rugged up to the nines & will be spending the best part of Saturday tutoring a student in standard deviation ... :(

Kelly xo
Elegantly Academic

Michelle said...

We were in Kennebunkport on Tuesday and I was talking about my dream of having a summer home there, you lucky duck! Have a great time!!!

Teodora said...

Have a famous time. I am heading to a family reunion myself and I am bringing two books.

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

tasty moog said...

wow, super jealous of your vacation home!! it looks lovely. oh, how i miss new england.

Celynne said...

Oh wow, the ocean. I have no excuse for not having seen the ocean, it's not THAT far from me. It must me amazing having a place like that though, it looks lovely.

Cubicle Chic said...

What a beautiful view! Your post made me miss Maine so much!!

- Meredith

Whitney said...

I spy a Moby Dick tee! From bibliophile to another, may I ask where do you get your literary shirts?

NodToStyle said...

well that beach house certainly looks like heaven

Post a Comment