Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seventeen

Seventeen

Works Cited
dress: loft
tank underneath: anthro (gift)
belt: uo
flats: yellow box
necklace: f21

Seventeen

I'm really excited to be wearing this necklace again. I am one of those morons without a good jewelry stand, so all my necklaces are piled in a wooden box where they get more tangled than a sentence of Judith Butler. Recently this necklace--my current favorite--became so tangled that even two hours with a straight pin did nothing to remedy the knots. Enter Annie, who saved the day by offering to detangle the necklace. Within an hour of its arrival in Portland, she'd worked her magic, untangled the worst knot I've ever seen in a necklace and sent it back to me. Annie, I think I love you. (P.S. She's also expecting and has the cutest little belly!).

Seventeen

I may have worn this dress a million times, but I love it more every time I put it on. I would definitely wear something like this for teaching during the early part of the fall. Layering the patterned tank under the dress adds more coverage and a little bit of color--I can't believe I didn't think of doing it earlier.

27 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great idea to layer the patterned tank! I love how it adds just a pop of pattern and makes the whole outfit a little more fun.

Becky said...

Oh hi, little miss I'm-adorable-in-every-photo! Haha no, but seriously you look great :) ♥

Same Page Notion

iEsoteric said...

Hey, the color compliments your skin-tone and it looks fab on you. The pop of color and belting makes it look adorable.

rlutz said...

love how you added the patterned tank to change up the dress!

swatchcat said...

Super cute dress! It looks so comfy, and I really like the layered print top underneath.

Elaine said...

I love the tank underneath!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Alex said...

The tank underneath is inspired! Love the pop of colour it provides.

clare said...

"more tangled than a sentence of Judith Butler"- I laughed out loud in the library...love it :D

Haven said...

Something about the way the belt makes the dress hug you just right is so perfect. It really almost stole my breath.

Natasha the whimsical nerd said...

I love the colorful tank underneath, and that you call the piece by piece part 'works cited.'

Rebecca said...

That dress always looks great on you, and it looks nice with the tank.

Miki's scrapbook said...

I like the fact that you wore a tank underneath the dress. It loos great!

Awe, I can tell it's hot there! I miss summer! :(

Hug!

Emily said...

Ah hahahahaha, you're Judith Butler comment did not go unnoticed! That's too funny, too true.

Lauren said...

I too love the tank underneath the dress! Adds a fun pop of color! And also love the necklaces :)

Small Time Style

Little Ocean Annie said...

yay, I'm so glad it got to you safely! :) We've got my years of retail experience and working with women's accessories to thank for my untangling magic!

christa said...

great idea putting that tank under the dress, i love the way it looks together!

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

Brilliant way to layer! That colorful tank top completely changes the vibe of this dress. Love this look!

Destined For Now said...

I love the cute tank peeking out...it adds just the right amount of color!

Denise said...

ROFL@ your Judith Butler stab!

Justine said...

I like how you wore a tank underneath!

Chloe and Alicia: said...

if you dont mind putting holes in your walls, you could put your necklaces on push pins :) that way you can keep them wherever you want (in the bathroom, inside the closet, etc).

Fia said...

Those shoes look cute and comfy! As does your dress.

Larysse Tavares said...

I love your dress and you're genius putting the top underneath! I heart your necklace!

Sweet kisses friend (:

Elsa said...

you look so adorable in the last picture!
i adore the tank pattern

Bisou
Elsa

LyddieGal said...

I love that you mailed your necklace to get detangled. Too cute.
And the almost bow-like neckline of the dress is so sweet.

Chic on the Cheap

Elinor Jane said...

I've never thought to layer a tank under a dress before... you're so crafty!

Clare said...

I really love the subtle layering here!

Post a Comment