Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

IMG_4272
My mom and me circa 1987.

Dear Mom,

You are the best. Thank you for giving me life, nourishment, education, a roof over my head, and lots of hugs and kisses; thanks for nursing me through illnesses small and large, teaching me to pee in the woods (okay, and behind trees in the park), sharing your love of reading and the outdoors; thanks for consulting on the phone through both difficult and happy times and for giving lots of good advice, even if it is often unsolicited. But most importantly, thank you for the amazing collection of vintage belts--what would my wardrobe be without them?

Happy mother's day; I love you,

Tania

10 comments:

Kayla said...

Adorable picture. Keep it forever. Happy Mother's Day to her.

http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/

Breanne at Bella Vita said...

Sweet photo and sweet tribute to your mom :-)

Sit Under the Apple Tree said...

Just lovely! It's funny how the US and UK have different Mother's Days...
By the way, thank you for the nice comment on my blog! It's great to have encouragement :)

LyddieGal said...

Awww, what a sweet message!
Happy Mother's day!

Chic on the Cheap

Larysse Tavares said...

Oh Tania, that was so sweet! We lnow how moms are, always there no matter what. They deserve all happiness in the world :) And now, reading the last part about the vintage belt collection I understand why you love belting so much, haha. You were born to be a fashion girl because your mom was preparing your way :)

Have a great week!
Can't wait to see what you are going to giveaway tomorrow!
abra├žos

lumikha said...

this is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeal*

FashionJazz said...

Gorgeous pic! xx

Tanvi said...

That is so heartfelt and adorable :) You were a cute baby!

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I can see the resemblance between you guys.

Sara said...

So lovely- you look just like your mom! You could be twins...

Post a Comment