Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's!

April Fool's

I stayed up all night last night reading James Joyce, which was exhausting! Still, it was a fine end to a fine Spring day here in the midwest. I rode my bicycle without the need for balaclava, scarf, mittens, second scarf, and layers 3-4 for the first time in a long time, and I finally think the moment has arrived to retire my much beloved repertoire of winter clothing favorites: my pair of greasy jeans, my weather-beaten Sambas, my wool plaid shirt. I think these are very fashionable choices, especially when I layer them sensibly, as I have today--one last hurrah for my favorite winter threads. The first shirt is from Goodwill, while the second shirt (layered underneath) is also from Goodwill. Shirts 3 and 4 are unseen, but one is from GAP and the other is from Goodwill. I find layers like this to be very useful for early-morning photoshoots for Tania, who usually asks me to "pick a spot out there while I stay in here and keep warm."

April Fool's

I especially like belting this outfit because...well, because belts are great! I also have to give credit to Tania here. Without her help, I'm not sure I'd have any clothes to wear besides just a couple of favorite T-shirts and a pair of unfortunately short, unfortunately-colored dress slacks that were very unfortunately deployed at the beginning of the semester. As you can see, I'm taking my style tips from Tania, and I'm looking great--check out my scarf and belt! Do you like my outfit?

As you can probably see, this is Tania's photographer/boyfriend Christopher, and I have hijacked Tania's blog to launch an April Fool's parody. Thanks Tania for letting me steal your blog for a day. I love you more than you love belting, good deals at Target, and J. Crew.

37 comments:

lumikha said...

hahahaha! i love it! totally chic!

S@sha said...

Very funny, and that belt looks surprisingly good. If Tania tells us you wore it all day, I'll really be impressed. Happy April to you both!

Kristin said...

fantastic! The belt really plays up your shape! :-P

What a fantastically fun post!

Chioma said...

Haha. I love it!

Also random qustion is Tania LDS?

Unravelled Threads said...

haha, awesome.

unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

Shepherd Family ACAL said...

Probably one of the cutest things I have seen... Very sweet! I love me a bald man too...I think if he had had hair when I met him I probably wouldn't have looked twice! haha

Sabrina said...

soooo cute. Love it!!!

Larysse Tavares said...

Hahahaha, oh my gosh! Hahahahahahaha :P

You're really inspired by her Christopher!
Man, you're gogeous and I think Alex should try this too. Loved the way he belted all this mess, hahahaha.


Hahaha, what a nice and funny way to show his love to you Tania. I loved it. Really! Hahahaha, and all those details impressed me! Have a great day darlings!

Lisa said...

I love what you've done with your hair.

princesspolitico said...

HOW DELIGHTFUL!!! i didn't even realize it was april fools until this very cute post. the belt really accents his waist :)

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

Magatha-May said...

lol, brilliant! Well done guys.

Kristie said...

Fabulous! I LOVE the look and the shoes really tie the outfit together! ;)

caffeinerd said...

Bahahahaha. I love this. :) Excellent belting and guest blogging, Christopher! Ooh, and can't forget the pattern mixing.

Sal said...

Hilarious! And such great poses, Christopher!

jen lainy said...

Omg! I love the very last line! So sweet..you've got a good man!!

Elaine said...

LOL!!! This was SO funny! I'm glad Tania let you steal her blog for a little!

Enter to win a William Riera dress!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Sidewalk Chalk said...

Haha! This was so great. Fun outfit too!

Jenny said...

Which Joyce text are you reading? Ulysses is one of my favorite novels.

Emily Kennedy said...

Christopher you are so CUTE! Give us back our Tania though. We think she's the awesome-sauce.

Fell 4 Fashion said...

This is TOO funny!!!

daisychain said...

tooo cool.

Julie said...

Bahahahaha. This. Is. Awesome.

Academichic said...

Haha, sooo funny and unexpected! Love it! And the posing is SO good - very fashion blogger! Well done!

S

La Historiadora de Moda said...

This post is rad, as Tania would say.

Chelsea said...

Christopher freaking rocks.

Lori said...

Too funny!!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Aww cute outfit! I love the shirt and the scarf is fabulous as well. :) Nice to see a guy with style these days!

whatiwore said...

Ha!

I feel you on the Joyce--I read Ulysses in Irish Revival Lit, and it was honestly the only time in college that I used crib notes.

Adorable post!

e. said...

sweet!

Kyla said...

He's a keeper :)

megan.tme said...

Haha too funny! Love it (and I usually hate April Fools Day).. Good one!

myedit said...

Nice... however, you forgot one element. If you had stood pigeon toed you would have made the fashion blogger transition complete.

hillary said...

haha what a cute idea :)

Ali said...

aaahahaahahaha... this is hilarious. you need your own blog.

Dottie said...

aw, sweet and funny :)

spiffy said...

haha! I love this!!

bunnyhead said...

Lmao!

Post a Comment