Friday, January 29, 2010

Black and Blue

Black and Blue

Works Cited
striped top: forever 21
black dress: gap
belt: j crew
black tights (under): leggs
bluegray tights: target
boots: j crew

Eeps, sorry this is so late in the day! This morning I was Bad T.A., who had to wake up early to do the assigned reading before class. Luckily, this paid off and I had two terrific discussions about French Revolutionary literature (seriously, more exciting than it sounds!).

Because I was in a rush, I went with one of my go-to ensembles: this striped button-up (bought for $5) layered under a black dress, tights and boots. And these two pairs of tights really did the trick--I was warm and cozy even in the single digit degrees.

11 comments:

Elaine said...

I was wondering where your post was today... ;)

You look fab! I love the little touches of blue and gold!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

love the button-up shirt and belt! great look

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

Athenista said...

i really love this! what an awesome go-to ensemble!! :) saw this dress on sale in gap and thought of you... unfortunately it was a size too small for the junk in my trunk. :)

Sidewalk Chalk said...

I really like your go-to outfit -- it's classic and looks so pulled-together. Love the pop of color the belt gives off too.
French Revolutionary lit actually does sound interesting to me -- I'm a history sponge.

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Sabrina said...

Very chic on the go!! I love the gold skinny belt.

Viktoria with a K said...

Great outfit and I love that gold belt!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

You look adorable! I'm glad you had good discussions in your classes!

Charmalade said...

Yay for double-layering! This is a really nice outfit that was a go-to thing-- classic!

http://charmalade.blogspot.com

Shop T.O. Live said...

I actually don't have a 'go to' outfit, but I'm thinking that it makes so much sense. I like that your outfit is v classic and versatile.

ShopTOLive.ca

Jen said...

love the layering of the shirt under the dress. great, classy look! :D

The Closet of Kim (ShopKim) said...

Perfect choice for a go-to outfit! It looks nice and put together and easy enough to change up the belts and tights for a different look.

Post a Comment