Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sweater Dress Take II

Sweater Dress Take II

Sweater Dress Take II
Works Cited
pink button-up: thrifted
tights: gap
boots: j. crew
earrings: gift

Today I wanted to re-style this fantastic sweater dress I got at target a few months ago. I love the color, the material, and these awesome ruffles, and the dress is also quite warm. Because it has a lot of personality--side wrap and ruffly front, it is always the centerpiece of an outfit and so it's a bit difficult to restyle it in interesting ways (if you have ideas: please help! I seem to have some sort of complex about styling around ruffles).

This time I mixed it up by layering it over this button-up, which worked surprisingly well, and switching up the palette, focusing on black instead of brown. I also love the juxtaposition of the shirt collar and ruffles.

Dress Detail

15 comments:

overcaffeinated said...

I have a hard time styling a wear dress with anything more than a cardi, and I really love how you put a button-up shirt underneath. The collar looks fantastc with the ruffles, and I love the cuffs coming out from the sleeves.

Anna said...

I have a similar dress (also from Target). It's black and sleeveless with a similar wrap shape and ruffled front. I have been feeling kind of at a loss as to how to wear it, so this is a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

Melanie's Randomness said...

I've seen alot people in these shirt dresses but you actually look really good in it. The color looks really nice too on you!

Sal said...

I'm ruffle-wary, too ... but think the button-down shirt was a stroke of brilliance!

Chelsea said...

I just love this look (and am tucking the idea away to use with my identical dress!).

caffeinerd said...

Alright, I really need to get myself back to Target! Love the color on you and the styling.

Julie said...

ugh they still have that dress at my Target..and every time I see it...maybe I'll go back one more time. :)

La Historiadora de Moda said...

This is the same dress that I wore yesterday, just in a different color. I love the button down underneath. I might have to plagiarize this way of styling these wrap sweater dresses.

fashionableacademics.blogspot.com

Heather J said...

ooh i like that dress. it looks good with the button down. cute.

cuterthanabutton said...

nice clothes and nice blog

Filigree said...

That rich violet colour looks great with your hair and complexion. I love sweater dresses, I love wrap dresses, and I love ruffled collars - so this is eye-candy to me. I want one in sage green and another in mauve please!

Orchid Grey said...

I love the color of your dress, and the ruffle is beautiful!

You Are My Fave said...

Love me a sweater dress. Especially if it's from Target.

Muito Igual a VocĂȘ said...

Cute like a doll ;)

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I love this outfit! Probably one of the best u have made yet! I specially like the color of the dress and how the collar pops out the neckline... very chic!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment