Thursday, December 10, 2009

Inspiration: An Education

This past weekend, I saw the movie An Education, a British film directed by Lone Scherfig and starring the adorable Carey Mulligan (kind of looks like Audrey Hepburn, doesn't she?). I liked the movie's aesthetic (although not some of its moralizing), but I luurrved the clothes. Every piece fit her perfectly, hit her body in the right places, and flattered her.





I couldn't find a picture of my favorite ensemble from the closing scene of the movie. Mulligan is riding a bicycle through Oxford wearing rolled up jeans and flats with her hair in a ponytail, and she looks sweet and studious and stylish. If you need some early-sixties inspiration that's not Mad Men, I suggest you check this out.

11 comments:

fashademics said...

I just saw this film yesterday and was thinking *exactly the same thing about her wardrobe. I love the black dress she wears on her first trip to Oxford and later, the one she wears to Paris.

Incidentally, Lynn Barber's memoirs of the same title are well worth a read!

Fell 4 Fashion said...

Thanks for reminding me...I totally need to watch this...

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I should watch!

Sal said...

WOW. You just made this film a must-see.

Audi said...

You just reminded me that I really need to see this movie. I just discovered your blog recently; love it!

juliamarisa said...

i certainly will check it out. i feel like i heard about this movie recently. i can't remember where though. this time i will remember.

Filigree said...

I have heard good things about this film and would like to see it. And I am very curious what kind of camera that is in the last picture!

thedirtyknitter said...

loved loved loved this film and her clothes!

Lulu said...

I loved her clothes in the film too! Especially the dress above she wore in Paris, and the outfit at the end you mention. Thank you for the inspiration.

caroline duke said...

i loved that oufit, too! with the perfect little black ballet flats.

Madison. said...

I really want to see this movie now! Especially the outfit you described at the end...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
www.letitbemadi.blogspot.com
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Post a Comment