Monday, December 21, 2009

An Imperfect Outfit

An Imperfect Outfit

An Imperfect Outfit

Works Cited
dress: ann taylor loft
striped tee: borrowed (gap)
belt: mommed
tights: mommed
boots: indigo

My winter style project is taking a brief hiatus while I'm in California (it somehow doesn't seem fair to figure out how to dress for the cold in a 62-degree climate). Today's outfit was a bit of a challenge because my suitcase got lost while I traveled across the country yesterday, so I had to improvise--a borrowed tee from my sister, borrowed tights and belt from my mom. Luckily my bag (with my camera inside!) arrived this evening, so I was able to snap a few slightly crummy indoor shots of my impromptu outfit.

Despite the limitations, I don't mind how this turned out. I love this dress for its versatility, and I wanted to swap out the belt it came with for something different. I also love the stripes as an under-layer. It feels cozy and perfect for curling up with an Elizabeth Bowen novel as I finally get to take a break! I'm excited to remix this dress a lot over this vacation--it's simple but I love the slight ruffle detail on the top, and it is light enough to layer over lots of pieces.

I can't wait to show you guys the sweet dress I got for my sister today...but you'll have to wait till Christmas...

7 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

Heck yeah! You're going to get tons of use out of that dress! Man, between you and My Style Pill, I really need to get a good jumper. It will even work in summer!

piglet said...

Love the stripey top underneath!

ShopKim said...

Looks great for just putting it together! That's definitely a great dress to be able to remix.

Sal said...

Eeek! Lost suitcases make me nutso. For a completely improvised outfit, this is just tops. But I do hope your belongings turn up soon!

elizbee said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now and I figured it was time to tell you that I love every single outfit you post. I love your style - comfortable yet effortlessly chic :) Have a great holiday!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I hope you get your suitcase soon! You look fantastic here, as always.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my post yesterday!

Julie said...

I just discovered your blog and i loooove your style!!!! keep up the great outfits!

Post a Comment