Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Can't Go On, I'll Go On

I can't go on, I'll go on

I can't go on, I'll go on

Works Cited
brown tee: old navy
brown sweater: j. crew (via jeremy's)
skirt: american apparel
tights: my mom's hand-me-down
belt: j. crew
flats: palladium
ring: gift

In the spirit of Beckett, I'll keep this brief. I wanted to try out another of my beloved american apparel skirts for the colder-weather months, so I paired it with a neutral (brown) and an extra sweater, and then a little more color with the maroon tights. I love the combination of the dark orange and the maroon together, and I feel safer mixing these colors when I'm sticking with brown shoes and brown tops.

This sweater (and a few other things in my closet) is from Jeremy's, the most amazing shop in Berkeley which sells slightly damaged designer clothes and J. Crew overstock for a fraction of the prices. If you're ever in the bay area, it is definitely something to check out. And if you're there over the holidays, we can go together! (Seriously.)

15 comments:

Muito Igual a VocĂȘ said...

Beautiful look! I loved the tights and your red nails ;)
And, dear, I'm curious toknow: who's you photographer? Haha... Please, would you visit my blog again and read that entry in English now? Thanks :)

L.

Vinda Sonata said...

that look is very chic! i love how you combined the colors in your outfit. plus, you look pretty in those pictures :)



vindavindasonata.blogspot.com

Sal said...

A gorgeous assemblage of autumnal tones! And Jeremy's sounds like heaven ...

Aney, said...

Love how this outfit brings such an Autumn appeal - adore the pocket skirt and the brown cardigan :)

fashademics said...

I really enjoy your blog - from one bike-riding bookworm to another!

I had to comment on this post because I just have to ask - is the mug part of the outfit? Seriously. The pop of turquoise-y blue really makes it. I was just thinking that a clutch or an over the shoulder bag (or even something small like a turquoise pendant) would really work.

Cheers! - Shannon

SomedayNewYorker said...

I absolutely love that skirt. The color is gorgeous and the pockets are a great touch.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

thank you! the turquoise mug was my coffee and if it matches, it's only accidental. but now that you mention it, a turquoise bag would be pretty rad...

overcaffeinated said...

Great combination of colours... I think I may need to try out this combination.

Totallly agree with Shannon, turquoise would be so cool with this outfit.

piglet said...

Love the brown and red, very snuggly looking!

Elaine said...

Another great color combination! I love the orange with the purple?burgandy? tights!

You live in Berkeley?? My husband is looking to apply there for grad school right now!!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Oh my gosh. Orange+burgundy=happiness. You are so daring. I suck at color combos. NICE!

caffeinerd said...

This outfit is just so fun and chic! And I want your coffee cup (and your coffee, though it's a bit late for my fix now ha).

laura fay said...

cute colour combination :) gorgeous.

chic said...

More color combo love! I love these hues together, well played! S.

mmcgra2 said...

I love all of these colors!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment