Monday, December 14, 2009

Gray and Dreary Day

Gray and Dreary

Gray and Dreary

Works Cited
gray sweater: gift from roomie
black tights: gap
plaid flats: target
necklace: gift from my momma

I have to admit, I'm not feeling my most chipper after a long and very gray day. But a well-executed outfit did cheer me up some. I've been itching to wear this beautiful sweater my sweet roommate gifted me for my birthday this past fall, and while I previously paired it with jeans, I love the way it looks over a dress, especially one in a darker shade of gray. From the front, it almost looks like a gray wrap dress!

And these plaid flats made me feel put together during a million meetings and an extremely stressful 3-hour exam I had to administer. Whew, I'm glad the stress of the day is almost over!

Stay tuned tomorrow for my Winter Style Project part 3!

18 comments:

Viktoria with a K said...

Love that wrap sweater! Looks perfect for a day at the library or on a date at the movies.

Ellenitza said...

There's nothing like dressing well to brighten your day. I love your sweater!

fashademics said...

I really like the straight-ish skirt under the wrap sweater effect. I might have to try something similar soon.

I admin-ed my exam on Saturday afternoon (yeah, I know. NOT fair!) and I felt like the day never ended as well.

Emily Kennedy said...

Got to say again, I am really happy that you're doing the Winter Style Project.

Also, those flats are such fun!

Heather J said...

i wanted that sweater gifted to me. :) it is very cute on you! i love those flats!

ver17 said...

I love the shades of gray. Not exactly gloomy since it all looks so soft!

overcaffeinated said...

That wrap sweater looks so cozy. I love how you paired it with a more structured skirt.

caffeinerd said...

That sweater looks sooooo cozy and yet put together. Love those flats! First saw them over at academichic and now whenever I spot 'em at Target I think of the blogosphere ;)

ShopKim said...

You look great and super comfy! Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day. :)

E said...

You know I'm such a fan of the big drapy cardi :-)

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Great sweater! I'm sorry you had a bad day!

fashionableacademics.blogspot.com

betz said...

love the sweater. looking fab!

http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

piglet said...

Wonderful cardigan, and I adore the little plaid flats, they are just too sweet! Great look!

Muito Igual a VocĂȘ said...

you look so cozy with this gray sweater, and the flats are just amazing! I never saw something like this here in Brazil. I think I gotta look for it :) Have a happy december, T.

Bkiss :*

Fell 4 Fashion said...

I love this sweater, the wrappiness (is that a word? :) is amazing!!!!!

The Owl's Closet said...

love this outfit! what a sweet gift from ur roommate:) such a cozy and chic sweater!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Dottie said...

Happy shoes!

You Are My Fave said...

Your roomie is the best ever if she gave you that incredible cardi. Love it.

Post a Comment