Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Accidental Skirt

Family members: read no further if you want your gifts to be a surprise.

IMG_2126

IMG_2095

Works Cited
skirt: anthropologie
white tee: gap
belt: mommed
tights: target
brogues: steve madden
sweater: borrowed from sister (j crew)

I have a confession to make: I bought this skirt for myself yesterday while Christmas shopping for my family. But I swear it was a mistake!!

I was at anthropologie with my mom trying to pick up something beautiful for my sister (who is notoriously difficult to shop for and extraordinarily pick about presents), and found this skirt in the sale rack along with a few other things. As I was carrying things for my sister (and not yet willing to let go of the skirt), I saw these adorable letter mugs. My parents don't have any good-sized mugs at their house, and my mother has been complaining about it recently. While my mother was engaged sorting through jewelry, I flew to the checkout to buy the mugs before she could see me, and ended up accidentally buying the skirt, too.

Okay, only sorta accidentally since it was 60% off and I'd already designed seven outfits in my imagination with it. Do you like it? Or does it--as is my greatest fear with a-line skirts--make me look wider rather than not?

16 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

Please dismiss your greatest fear regarding A-line skirts from your consciousness posthaste! That skirt looks perfect on you! Way flattering! WAY!

caffeinerd said...

Love this skirt on you! Definitely think it's more waist-emphasizing (yay!) than anything at all unflattering. Wonderful accident. And I know what you mean...once you start picturing the many possible outfits it's very hard to put something back on the shelf...

The mugs look like a great gift!

Viktoria with a K said...

The skirt is perfect! It would be a good addition to any wardrobe!

And in reference to your comment-- My kittens are crazy, yet pretty mellow. They laid like that for the entire 7 hour ride!

Kimberly said...

My mom bought me one of those mugs for Christmas - love it!

Cute skirt!

juliamarisa said...

no girl. it does not make you look bigger. in fact it makes you look smaller than i had previously percieved. so jealous you live near an anthropologie.

Elaine said...

I LOVE IT!!! I think it looks so amazingly comfortable and chic on you! I want it....a lot! lol!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Love it. Love the part of the waist it sits on, love skirts like that! And it's OK...I bought myself a red dress on accident when I was buying wrapping supplies at the thrift store.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I cracked up reading this post, T. You are too funny!

This is a beautiful skirt on you!

Fashion Therapist said...

A) I love the letter mugs they have there and B) I'm a true believer that items find you, as much as you find them - so no confession needed, it was meant to be. ;)

ShopKim said...

I like it! The skirt looks great and you're going to be able to do so much with it.

Jen said...

that skirt definitely doesn't make you look wider, it's lovely on you, especially with the belt. and i adore your shoes!
love this post btw haha :)

Orchid Grey said...

this skirt looks AMAZING on you! the color and shape really suit you and I think you were smart to pair it with a more fitted top- it doesn't make you look wide at all. Thanks for your sweet comment- it's funny about your sister styling her hair! Have a happy holiday!

Sidewalk Chalk said...

I love that skirt -- pretty simple item, and yet it makes that outfit. Do not feel guilty for getting it -- if you can think of that many outfits while you're still in the store, then you probably needed it anyways and it was meant to be. :)
Have a lovely holiday! - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Monica said...

it is gorgeous on you!!! Consider it an early xmas present to yourself!

piglet said...

Don't worry, I almost always end up buying something for myself when xmas shopping! And it is a very cute little skirt.

MamaVee said...

that is an amazing versatile skirt. I want it! yay you

Post a Comment