Sunday, November 22, 2009

Visiting Old Haunts

Travel Day 1

Travel Day 1

Works Cited
brown sweater: dug up from bottom of sister's closet
off-white top: forever 21
jeans: j crew outlet
sandals: birkenstocks
bag: urban outfitters

To celebrate my arrival back in the east bay, California, my summer birkenstocks came out to play. It's far too cold in the midwest to wear them now, but fall in the bay area is still warm enough to warrant sandals. I also wanted to be comfortable for a day of walking around--visiting my favorite bookstores to pick up some Beckett plays and Ian McEwan, eating frozen yogurt, and perusing my favorite thrift stores (more to come on my successes there!).

Today, I went for neutral colors accented by the olive green of the scarf, which unfortunately covers up the best part of the outfit: the awesome lace detailing on this top.

Lace Detail

I'm planning on wearing this top again with a brown jersey skirt belted at my natural waist--I like that I can wear it as a long layering piece and as a detailed top over a skirt. Garment flexibility is crucial for a tiny traveling wardrobe! I also like to pack in easily-mixed colors, like these neutrals--off-white, brown, and olive green.


Dottie said...

Nice chill outfit. Sandals - that would be nice. Sometimes I wonder why I don't live in California :)

Shopaholic said...

I love this! You look comfy yet effortlessly chic. I really like the subtle bit of colour added by the scarf too.

I just discovered your blog and love your style. I have a lot of similar items in my wardrobe, and I'll be trying to re-create a couple of your looks. :)

Rachel said...

wow, that background is so nice! I love the tree. A lot prettier than your usual ones.

Also I love the lacey shirt, can't believe it's from Forever 21.

The Owl's Closet said...

i love how the lacey shirt is peeking out of your sweater. adds a nice touch to the outfit:D i miss the bay area, especially san francisco! have a wonderful break!:)

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

thank you! yes, i am so happy to be back in the california sun...

Post a Comment