Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend in Review

Getting Ready to Grade

Hiding the extra pie

Works Cited
top:
white tee: gap
scarf: bought for $5 from a stall in SF
linen pants: j crew outlet ($8!)
belt: hand-me-down from mom
red-orange flats: old navy
earrings: stall in paris

bottom:
black tank: h&m
black turtleneck: anthro
purple tee: american apparel
trouser jeans: banana republic
black flats: urban outfitters

It's been a cold reunion with the midwest, and I've added some extra cozy layers to keep warm this weekend. I LOVE a good white tee, of any variety--ruffled, button-up, crewneck, dollar hanes tees and tanks (my top drawer is full of them)--because they go with anything. I wanted to play up the scarf today and keep everything else pretty simple--straight brown trousers, white tee, reddish-orange flats (though I have to admit that this belt is pretty rad).

I'm also lusting after a cowl-neck top, having watched S. from academichic layer hers in so many inventive ways. I used this turtleneck from anthro in a similar fashion, letting the loose ruffle top fall out over the purple tee.

By the way, I am loving jesse anne o's plan to recreate other stylish women's looks with clothes she already has. Is this something you do, too? I am a shameless thief when it comes to recreating other great looks out of my own closet. If you're not already obsessed with flickr's wardrobe remix group, get ready to lose the next two hours of your life poring over it and rethinking your entire closet. Do you find inspiration in particular places? I'm always looking for new favorite spots to check out and copy from...

8 comments:

A-C said...

I do this all the time! I've probably done it a good 6+ times since I started blogging in late September. I find it to be a good way to insert a different point of view tot he clothes you already own.

Julie said...

Nice hand-me-down belt. Belts are fantastmic, especially hand-me-downs.

Heather J said...

the top outfit is great with the pops of color!

i always mentally tucking away outfit ideas i see from woman on the street, etc. and then go home and try to recreate them.

caffeinerd said...

I'm loving the first outfit---the scarf looks great. I've never had success with linen, but those pants are very chic (and what a good deal!).

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love that scarf! What a great find! Welcome back to the Midwest.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Plain tees are awesome! They can be dressed up or down so easily, it's difficult not to love them! =)

nc2220 said...

I am all about the remix, and have found others' blogs incredibly helpful in trying to create new and exciting outfits out of my existing wardrobe. In fact, I'm thinking of starting a feature on my blog of copy-cat outfits recurring weekly ("Stolen Sunday"? Title clearly needs some work...)

Katie said...

LOVE those printed flats in the top picture- so pretty!

Post a Comment