Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend in Review

Purple Dress
Works Cited
purple cord dress: old navy
turtleneck: j. crew
belt: urban outfitters
leggings: thrifted
boots: target

This is my sole weekend outfit (unless you count striped tees, yoga pants, and slippers). I spent most of the weekend sick in bed but had a meeting I couldn't miss today, so I dragged myself away from the comfort of bed, tissues, and Arrested Development. My aim was to wear something as close to pajamas as possible. I don't often wear leggings (I don't have the Giselle-like body for it), but under a dress and boots, they are divinely comfortable and I feel well covered-up. I love this cord dress from Old Navy, although it's a bit short, so I would really only wear it over pants or leggings--I doubt I'll ever put it over tights. Layering dresses over turtlenecks is a new thing for me, but J. Crew has been doing it over and over in their styling, and I love the way it looks. It also keeps you very warm--important when one is under the weather.

I know S. layers dresses--maybe I could put this on top of a longer dress in the future? Hope you all had a terrific (and healthier!) weekend.

2 comments:

The Owl's Closet said...

love ur layered look:D i think u look great in leggings! u should wear them more often:) hope u feel better soon!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

this is such a cute outfit! I love the maroon with the grey, and the shapes look great on u!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment