Monday, November 16, 2009

Rain, rain...

Rain, rain...

Rain, rain...

Works Cited
gray sweater: j crew
yellow tee: old navy
gray scarf: the pashmina store
brown cord skirt: j crew
gray wool tights: j crew
rainboots: hunter wellies

It is bitterly cold and rainy today and I had to spend a lot of the day outdoors, so this is cold-wet-weather-gear disguised as fashion. The wool tights are new--I had formerly coveted them and finally bought them in a package with my roomie's birthday present (woo free shipping!). I decided to shell out the cash for wool because I want to wear my skirts and dresses in the winter and it is really too cold here to just wear spandex tights in the winter. Plus, it is fairly wet in late autumn and spring, and wool keeps you warm even when it's wet (something I found out is very true today!). I love gray with just about anything, but I think it complements yellow especially well (so does E.). Brown and yellow is another one of my favorite color combos--and with today's weather, I needed the bright colors.

As for the boots--I waited forever and finally found these Hunter rainboots on sale this year. Solid rainboots are essential for riding one's bike in the rain in this town, where drainage is terrible and one often has to wade through foot-deep puddles to cross the street. Plus they last forever and in the (unlikely) chance I ever decide to take up fly fishing, I can bravely wade into the ponds with these babies.

5 comments:

Julie said...

You have wellies. I am fierce jealous.

fromsneakerstostilettos said...

I love this!!! The gray and yellow pop against the black!

liz stanley said...

this one's a great one! love the yellow pop of color

Kaite said...

Hunter wellies represent! ;) I live in mine, they are so comfy. I saw a girl in the British Library a few weeks ago, wearing an entirely grey ensemble with bright pink Hunters. Gorgeous.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I agree, yellow and grey look great together!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment