Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Plaid and Flannel

Plaid and Flannel

Plaid and Flannel

Works Cited
blue sweater: j. crew (gift from g-unit)
plaid shirt: target
gray tank: old navy
skirt: j. crew (from high school)
tights: from high school
socks: target
boots: indigo

Brrr! It's finally getting cold here today so I had to dress wisely. I've been looking for a plaid shirt like this for ages, and even though I'd hoped to find one in a thrift store, after years of looking, I succumbed to the corporate version (thanks, Target!). Plaid flannel reminds me of nineties grunge and of being a woodcutter in Vermont (not that I was the flatter...or the former, for that matter), but plaid can never escape its nerdy roots. It's also, conveniently, quite warm. The sweater, a gift from my grandparents, is cashmere and also incredibly warm. I'm all about a lot of lighter layers for late fall, because I tend to feel suffocated under a huge coat so soon.

These tights needed a bit of repair this morning. I had cut off the feet impulsively in my first year of college to wear them as leggings, but stuffed into socks and boots, no one would know.

5 comments:

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Your look matches your bicycle perfectly! Very cute!

Rachel said...

too many colors in one outfit for me, but i love the flannel. I think it would be nice with some medium wash jeans and boots

Elaine said...

I love it! It's such a cute preppy look! and the "Works Cited" part is very clever!! :D


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

You Are My Fave said...

Love the tight/sock combo. Why have I never thought of this? My feet are always cold.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I like how the collar of the patterned top peeks through the sweater... great outfit!

Post a Comment