Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Olive Green and Teal

Olive Green and Teal

Olive Green and Teal



Works Cited
teal tee: forever 21
brown tank: target
green scarf: h&m
jeans: j crew
brown flats: palladium
ring: urban outfitters
leaf earrings: forever 21

Olive green and teal is one of those bizarre color combinations that I find myself drawn to. I think olive green looks wonderful with a whole range of surprising colors--almost all shades of blue, lemon yellow, navy, teal, brown, and gray (of course)--and I love the way the muted shade looks against the bright one here. The teal shirt looks a little bluer in this photo than it is in real life, where it is actually a bit greener.

And I love these giant leaf earrings! Their bronze shade goes with just about anything.

Do you wear bizarre color combos that seem to work well? Mustard and red? Brown and black? Khaki and pale blue?


La Historiadora de Moda said...

I really like to wear red and pale blue together, especially in the spring and summer. It makes me happy.

katie_joy said...

Hi! I just wanted to say I love your blog. So many fashion blogs just make me want to go shopping, but yours makes me want to experiment with what I have. Thank you!

fromsneakerstostilettos said...

Olive green and Teal is one of my most favorite combinations!!!

I also love looking at people wear orange and blue, but I haven't done it yet. Yellow and pink is a new combo that I think is very spring and summery, but also beautiful.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

katie--thank you! that is truly the highest praise! i hope i can keep you as a loyal reader.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great color combination!! I love it! Well, I tend to wear a lot of purple and blue together, I dunno if that's bizarre or not... jejeje. I try to keep finding new color combos, and this is one I should definitely try some day :)


Post a Comment