Friday, November 13, 2009

Getting the Flowers Myself


Earrings and Ring

Teaching Dress

Works Cited
dress: ann taylor loft (sale for $9!)
sweater: h&m
belt: urban outfitters
tights: target
boots: j. crew
ring and earrings: origins long forgotten

This dress was a real find for $9, and considering that it's shaped like a sack and has an ornate neckline, it's actually pretty easy to wear. With a sweater and a belt, or a tee layered under it, or a blazer, it is easy to make the neckline more casual and give the dress more shape. This sweater is perfect because its slightly scooped neck shows off some of the neckline. I tried to keep everything else pretty simple in terms of colors and accessories. I think I could also wear the dress on its own to holiday parties this winter--maybe a red sweater would make it more festive, or would that be overkill?

It's getting chilly here, and I'm still riding my bicycle--I've found a brisk ride to campus wakes me up better than a cup of coffee.

And if you're wondering about the title, it's what I'm teaching today...


Muito Igual a VocĂȘ said...

Sweet! And yes, a red sweater would be perfect for a party. ;)

Nice outfit, I loved it!

Grant said...

Great title for the post. (But it's not exactly the middle of June with all those leaves, is it?) I'm really enjoying your fantastic blog. Sophisticated and nerdy, both desirable qualities on their own, are sometimes so hard to find together.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I really like the dress, and I definitely don't think a red sweater would be overkill for the holidays!

my name is lauren. said...

cute outfit :).

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I love it

E said...

I'm loving stripes right now and I'm totally o the philosophy that once cannot have too many gray sweaters :-)

Elaine said...

Great dress and boots!!! Those boots are EXACTLY what I'm looking for.... How much were they?

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

elaine--these boots are indeed awesome, and kind of expensive. when i got them, they were on sale on j. crew for $158 (i think) and i googled for free shipping coupons. i am thinking they will be worth it because they are leather (i don't know if you wear leather, on second thought)...and in the midwest, it is SO cold in the winter that i needed something warm. and i know the fruitless hunt for the perfect black boot--it took me three years to decide to buy these!

Post a Comment