Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dark Day

Dark Day

Plaid Flats

Dark Day

Works Cited
navy sweater: j. crew outlet
gray tee: j. crew
black jeans: j. crew outlet(sensing a pattern?)
scarf: amazon maybe?
flats: target
ring: urban outfitters
earrings: gift

I didn't realize until I was typing this up that 90% of my outfit today is J. Crew. So here are a few words on how I feel about them: J. Crew makes beautiful clothes, in beautiful colors, and they hold up well and fit me well. But they're price range is aimed more at the disposable income of a Wall Street wife (okay, a Wall Street wife back in the early 2000's), rather than an impecunious grad student. So I never buy anything full price at J. Crew--I get things at the outlet, on sale, on discount, or as gifts.

Today is a dark day and the most I could liven things up were with these plaid flats and a big ring (do other jewelry-shy people love big rings as much as I do??). I know the ensemble is a bit vanilla--shades of gray, black, and blue--but then, I never said I wasn't vanilla.

5 comments:

Ann said...

it's not all dark! i like your scarf and sweater together!

Dottie said...

You look effortlessly chic and comfortable. The scarf and shoes are perfect for this weather. I'm with you on J.Crew - one thing I miss about living in Nashville is its great J.Crew outlet!

MamaVee said...

You look great.

Rachel said...

I love the shoes! I can't believe they are from target. They also look great with the sweater.

The Owl's Closet said...

love ur outfit. very cozy:) wow, those flats are from target?? awesome!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Post a Comment