Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Belted Blues

Belted Blues, originally uploaded by Smart Style.

Belt Detail, originally uploaded by Smart Style.

Works Cited

sweater: stolen from friend in college
dress: urban outfitters
tights: ae
belt: mother's from the 70s
scarf: can't remember
boots: indigo

I was inspired to make a winterized version of one of
academichic's summer outfits, where she layered a shirt on top of a dress. I initially planned to wear a purple dress under this sweater, but after layering over it and belting it, suddenly it was four inches shorter and I risked getting arrested for indecent exposure. So back to the closet I went, and this longer blue dress did the trick--even though I normally wear this as a summer dress, I like the way this turned out. Do you have creative ways to make your summer clothes last through fall?


Fell 4 Fashion said...

Love the blues together and the belt and scarf bring it all together! Fabulous!

Dottie said...

I love that scarf. I've actually been on the hunt for one like that at a thrift store, but no luck so far. You look great!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great fall look! I love how the scarf pulls it all together. I love wearing summer dresses for fall! What I usually do is wear a warmer shirt under the dress. This is a great idea of wearing a shirt over the dress, Ill keep that in mind for the future! thanks!


nc2220 said...

Great mix of textures and moody grey colors. I also love how your nails pop against the background of your outfit!


Kelley said...

Your sense of style is awesome, and I love that you wear dresses while biking! I bike everywhere and I'm a little wary of wearing skirts, although I'd like to.

I love the blues and browns in this outfit!

chic said...

That's a fantastic belt, and great dress layering to boot! I'm so flattered to have inspired this look :)

And, of course, blue and brown rules! S.

Filigree said...

blue + brown = beautiful

Jilliebeanie said...

Love this outfit! And your blog is great!

skapamusik said...

Great look, LOVE the belt!

Post a Comment